So you've been hearing about the benefits of Turmeric and are unsure of how you can begin to add it to you diet. Turmeric has been long known for its use to heal a variety of ailments, and various studies have shown that it can help with the following:
- reducing inflammation
- balancing blood sugar
- balancing cholesterol
- cleansing and detoxifying
- aids digestion
To help you in your journey of wellness, we have created our own recipe for a tasty Turmeric Latte, also referred to as Golden Milk. Making this beverages is incredibly easy, and does not require any specialty culinary skills. You can use any type of milk you prefer for this blend, which makes it a more accessible option for a variety of dietary restrictions. This warming blend is especially good to for the approaching colder weather. You can enjoy it at any time of the day (or at night) as it does not have any caffeine (it's a spice blend!)
HOW TO MAKE A TURMERIC LATTE
Total Time: Less than 10 minutes
Serves: 2 Cups
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 2 cups unsweetened Almond Milk (or your milk choice)
- 1 teaspoon of Shafa Blends Golden Milk Blend
- 1 pinch of Ceylon Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1 Saucepan or Turkish coffee pot
- Pour the milk, Golden Milk Blend, and coconut oil in the pot.
- Place the pot over medium heat, and stir.
- After 5 minutes or when the contents are warmed up and well blended, add the vanilla extract and raw honey.
- Stir for another 2 minutes, but make sure that the milk does not come to boil.
- Serve in a cup, sprinkle with cinnamon, and enjoy!
Some of the spices in the blend may sink to the bottom of the pan, as the natural ingredients do not dissolve in water; however, you may drink all of the ingredients! They're just spices.
Make sure to exercise care when using turmeric, as the strong yellow color has the ability to die everything a nice shade of orange!