It's pomegranate season, and with that recipes featuring this delicious and beautiful are flying around. We have created this recipe so that you can enjoy a wonderfully tea-infused beverage, and maximum tartness!
HOW TO MAKE POMEGRANATE MA'JOON
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 4 cups of water
- 3 teaspoons hibiscus flower
- 1 teaspoon Pomegranate Hibiscus green tea
- 1 cups pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Agave syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pomegranate molasses (or paste)
- Heat 1 cup of water to 175 F and steep the Pomegranate Hibiscus green tea on for 4 minutes.
- Bring 3 cups of water to boil in a small pot, add hibiscus flowers, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the agave syrup and pomegranate molasses, and let simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove the pot from heat, and allow for it to cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture over ice, or place in blender for a more frozen texture.
- Top the drink with the pomegranate seeds.